Tide Pool Tank in Interweave Crochet

Interweave Crochet Magazine Summer 2017 edition - Little Monkeys Design - Tide Pool Tank crochet pattern

Last year I worked up the courage to submit a crochet pattern to Interweave Crochet magazine.

You can imagine my surprise when they accepted my design for the Summer 2017 edition!!


Interweave Crochet Magazine Summer 2017 edition - Little Monkeys Design - Tide Pool Tank crochet pattern

Introducing the Tide Pool Tank 

When your pattern is accepted my the magazine, they send you the yarn to crochet your design with in the size they specify. You then send in the project along with the pattern. The magazine has models and photographers they work with to create the photos for the magazine layout.

Interweave Crochet Magazine Summer 2017 edition - Little Monkeys Design - Tide Pool Tank crochet pattern

I love how my design looks on the model. The tank is really very comfortable to wear, especially when crocheted in a summer weight cotton.

The pattern looks complicated, but it's actually pretty easy and quick to follow. The hard part was writing it in 5 sizes!

Interweave Crochet Magazine Summer 2017 edition - Little Monkeys Design - Tide Pool Tank crochet pattern

The back of the Tide Pool Tank is beautiful too! The open stitches add just a little summer flirtation without being immodest.

Because I designed this crochet pattern for Interweave Crochet, they own the rights to the pattern. Therefore, I cannot sell the pattern on my shop. The best way to access the pattern is through purchasing the Summer 2017 edition of Interweave Crochet. There are quite a few other gorgeous, modern and stylish patterns in the summer edition too, making it money well spent.

Let me know your thoughts on my Tide Pool Tank design.


4 comments

  1. Hello Angela - I love the Tide Pool Tank and I'm excited to start it. I've done some intermediate shawls/scarves, but never a garment. I'm confused about the order of instructions in the magazine. (Front until x inches, Mesh Yoke, Back) Do you have any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tank is worked from bottom up, so the mesh yoke is worked last.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Angela. The pattern is very trendy!!

    ReplyDelete