I love using scrap yarn pieces to do fun crafts with my kids. Lately we've been making cards - specifically Mother's Day cards.
My little guy didn't want to be left out of the action! Using some yarn scraps he created this card with just a little help.
- Card stock or paper for card (I used printer paper folded in half)
- Yarn - three different colors of scrap yarn
- Crayon/Colored pencil
1. Draw three flower stems with glue across the front of your card (we used a piece of blank paper folded in half). Top with your yarn for the stems. Repeat this process for leaves on your stems.
2. Create expanding circles with your glue at the top of the stems, one at a time. Layer a longer piece of yarn over this glue. Trim to fit. Repeat for the other 2 flowers.
3. Use glue to create a bow at the bottom of the stems. Layer with a piece of yarn tied in a bow. We glued a small button at the center of the bow.
4. Add a message to the front and inside of your card.