We have lots of extra yarn at our house! Today I made a video with my little guy showing you how we made a cute card using scrap yarn pieces.
We planned for this to be a Mother's Day card, but it can easily also be used for a Valentine's Day, Father's Day, or even a birthday card.
- Card stock or paper for card (I used printer paper folded in half) - you'll need 2 per card
- Yarn - a handful of yarn pieces (15-20) cut to be 3-4" long
- Glue - liquid and stick glue
- Crayon/Colored pencil/Marker
1. Cut a heart out of the center of the front of a card - either from card stock or a piece of paper.
2. Trace the heart onto the front of a second card. Spread a layer of glue over this traced heart and cover it with yarn pieces. Add some liquid glue and do a second layer of yarn pieces if necessary.
3. Spread glue all around the edges of the card with the yarn pieces. Adhere the cut out heart card top over the yarn pieces card front.
4. Add your own special message to the front and inside of the card.