The best weekend ever!

Christy Wright's Business Boutique.


I'm bursting at the seams with so much to share with you! This past weekend I had the opportunity to join other women in business from all over the US at the Business Boutique conference here in Nashville, TN. I was inspired to use the gifts and talents I've been given to serve others the best I can!



The Business Boutique was put on by Christy Wright who has a book titled Business Boutique coming out in April. I was able to pre-order it at the conference and can't wait to receive the book and read thru it and learn even more! Christy Wright is a professional speaker and business/life coach for Dave Ramsey's group. She really inspired us to build our businesses from the foundation up. We were also encouraged to work thru fear - "it's normal and part of the journey!"

One of the unexpected highlights of the weekend was getting to hear Dave Ramsey, author and creator of Financial Peace University speak. He spoke about the power of intentionality and recommended that we "have a dream, but be a doer."

Dave Ramsey's daughter, Rachel Cruze was another one of the main speakers at the conference. She has recently published her book titled, Love Your Life Not Theirs. Her main message to us was simply "Stop the comparisons! Steer clear of debt. Make a budget - a plan for your money." Her information really applies to all areas of my life - personal and business.

Dave Ramsey at Christy Wright's Business Boutique.


Some of the other speakers at the conference that I had the privilege of learning from were:
 Amy Porterfield - author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies
Rachel Walters founder of Monetized Life 
Christine Caine -author of Unashamed: Drop the Baggage, Pick up Your Freedom, Fulfill your Destiny
Crystal Paine - author of Money Making Mom
Donald Miller - author of Scary Close.

Not only did I learn a lot - I now have an entire stack of new books on my reading list!

Christy Wright's Business Boutique.

At the Business Boutique conference, I was able to briefly meet Christ Wright. She's a very busy person (and mom!), but seems very down to earth!

See the vest I'm wearing in my picture with Christy? I would be rich if I had a dollar for every person who asked me where I bought it from on Saturday at the conference. I had to sheepishly say, "I made it! It's my business. It's part of why I'm here at the conference!" I think Nicole Walter's would have bought it off me if it was her size and favorite color! (She had me stand up and model it in her session! Eeeek!!)

So, what did I do as soon as I got home from the conference? Of course I listed that vest on my shop! You can now purchase a handmade organic merino wool chunky vest in your size and favorite color. 

Hint: Sign up for my newsletter and grab a coupon to use first!

Want to make your own vest? You can purchase the Chunky Vest crochet pattern on my shop too.

It was a busy weekend (I brought a crochet project to work on and it never came out of my bag!), but I am encouraged to continue to grow my crochet design business to serve you with great crochet patterns so that you can create great handmade gifts for your family and friends.

 Gifts that will become tomorrow's treasures. 

You are the HERO in my story!


Here's a short clip of the Hillary Scott concert from Saturday morning! So encouraging!



4 comments

  1. How fun! So glad you had a good time! It was fun to read about it. :-) And I love your beautiful vest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're going with me next time!

      Delete
  2. Great review! And I'm thrilled you got to advertise your work - what a blessing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's finally cooling off here in Nashville so I'm wearing it again today! The vest is so cozy!

      Delete