O-Wool yarn review

O-wool yarn review by Little Monkeys Design
Don't you just love yarn mail?? I call it happy mail for sure!

 As I've changed over to working with natural fibers I've had to find new yarn sources. Last summer I did a major search for all natural fiber yarns that came in beautiful colors, that were created with non-toxic dyes, and were affordable! You won't believe how hard that combo is to find!



O-wool yarn review by Little Monkeys Design

In my search I discovered O-wool. I'm in love with her super soft yarns of all weights and blends! I'm even thinking of decorating with them! ;)

O-wool yarn review by Little Monkeys Design

Jocelyn goes to great lengths to source her wool, cotton, and alpaca fibers. The heart of O-Wool is in its certified organic fibers. She sources merino wool from certified organic farms in South America or Australia (non-mulesed), cotton from certified organic farms in the USA, and  alpaca from a family farms within 1 hour of Philadelphia.

O-wool yarn review by Little Monkeys Design

O-Wool is a small company with the goal of providing knitters, crocheters, and crafters with a yarn that is environmentally responsible, affordable, and made locally in the USA. O-Wool’s skeins are wound by a gentleman in Philadelphia, then dyed in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia, and spun in the USA. One of their three mills is located outside of Boston. I love supporting USA made items!

O-Wool yarn review by Little Monkeys Design

O-wool's yarn comes in fingering weight all the way to bulky weight. Some of the skeins are straight merino, while other yarns are a blend of merino/alpaca or merino/cotton. The colors are amazing! You are sure to find what you are looking for, or more!


I used O-wool Chunky Merino (chunky weight) and Legacy (a bulky weight yarn) to create all the blankets in my Milestones Collection of crochet patterns. Above is the Wedding Blanket made in 5 yarn colors of  Chunky Merino.



A blend of pinks, greys and natural colors of Chunky Merino also made a beautiful Hexi Baby Blanket.


And this wonderful yarn isn't just for creating blankets, though I've created quite a few with this super soft wool! I used O-wool's Classic Worsted to create my new Gypsy Poncho crochet pattern. I love the bright colors and how soft the yarn is to the touch!

Reasonably priced, sustainably created, indie supported, beautiful colors, exquisitely soft - what more could you want from your yarn??

Check out O-wool's yarns for yourself. I'm sure you won't leave empty handed!


Other Yarn Reviews

No comments