Crochet hearts for Valentine's Day cards


This week I went to a card making party/luncheon. We had so much fun!
My supplies are still out, so I thought I'd incorporate some crochet hearts into a few cards for Valentine's Day.


Besides the usual card stock and card making supplies, I used cotton crochet thread and crochet hooks ranging from 2.2-3.5mm (~hooks C-F) to create different size hearts.

Heart Crochet Pattern

Make a magic ring. Inside the magic ring-
Ch 3
3 tr
3 dc
ch 1, tr, ch 1
3 dc
3 tr
ch 2, sl st to ring
Pull ring to close tightly and tie off.


I then created a few Valentine's Day cards and used a glue stick to adhere the crochet hearts to the card.


Stuck for ideas? Pinterest is a great place to start for some ideas. Just look for Valentine's Day cards where you could add a few crochet hearts.


I had a few hearts and scrap paper left over, so I created a bookmark. I love they way the hearts are tied together at the top.


Get out your leftover scrapbook supplies, some crochet thread or yarn, and a few hooks and get creating! Valentine's Day is just around the corner and nothing says " I Love You" quite like handmade - or chocolate!



No comments