A new hat - Dori's Diamond hat with Earflaps and a Pom-Pom


My friend Dori over at The Red Feedsack asked me to make her a hat to wear when she went out to check on her cows. Several Momma cows are birthing this time of year, so she has to check on them several times a day - including early in the morning - and they have 100 acres - so it takes a while!

Dori is a very fun, personable lady, so I wanted to create a hat that would fit her personality well.
I knew I wanted to use the diamond stitch and add a pom-pom. 



Dori requested ear flaps and teal as the color. I added in some grey to accent the diamond stitch.

Mountain Meadow Wool Mill merino wool yarn in worsted weight is my go-to yarn this Fall and Winter. It is super soft and warm, thick, all natural, and dyed with earth friendly dyes. 


Dori's Diamond Hat is a slouch style hat with ear flaps to keep your checks and ears warm! Braided ties add some more charm to this winter hat.


This crochet hat pattern is written in adult size, but can be made to fit any size. The pattern includes instructions on how to easily alter the size of the finished hat.

Dori's Diamond Hat was such fun to create! I love how it turned out and so did Dori!

No comments