Happy New Year!

I hope you are enjoying the beginnings of 2016!
 
I wanted to show you two crochet patterns I finished up over the holidays. I love the results so much, I'm keeping the finished items for myself! I hope you like them too!

 
The first is the Boho Fringed Scarf. I've been wanting to make a fringed scarf all Fall, and it finally made it to the top of my To-Do list. It is 7.5" wide and 66" long. You can leave it as a scarf or stitch the ends together to create an infinity scarf. I used a unique stitch pattern that gives the scarf an interesting texture. I've worn it out shopping several times and have gotten lots of compliments! I think the natural cream merino wool from Mountain Meadow Wool Mill is so beautiful of itself, that it just invites compliments!

 
Last April at Stitches (a yarn festival in Nashville) I purchased several hanks of USA Alpaca yarn from a shop here in Nashville. I finally decided what I wanted to so with it!

 
I love the idea of a triangle shawl that can also be worn as a scarf. I created it as I crocheted it, and I am excited about how it turned out. The lacy stitch pattern is an easy to memorize pattern once you learn it (instructions given in pattern). The edging looks complicated, but it's not - just takes a little time to work those little stitches that give it that delicate look.

 
The back view really shows the shawl off.

 
The Alpaca Triangle Shawl or Scarf can be worn in so many different ways - very versatile! Here I show it with a shawl pin that I purchased on Etsy.
 
What's on your hook this year? Any suggestions how pattern you'd like to see me create?
 
Happy Crocheting!

No comments