Welcome Fall!


 
The best thing about Fall is that it ushers in sweater-wearing weather! We finally get to wear all the cute hats, scarves, and sweaters we've been creating all summer in anticipation of it eventually cooling off!
 
I created this cute pumpkin hat late last Fall and finally took the time to write the pattern up. I used cotton yarn to give this hat a little more structure.
 
My daughter and I crocheted about 25 of these adorable pumpkin hats and donated them to the NICU at LeBonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, TN. The nurses as well as the parents were very excited about them - they even had a few photo sessions with the NICU babies and their pumpkin hats.
 
 
Of course, I had to create one a tad larger for my toddler, who wouldn't stand still long enough to take a picture! I think the pumpkin hat would make a great simple Halloween costume for a little one.
 
The crochet pattern for this Fall Pumpkin Hat can be found on my Etsy,  Craftsy and Ravelry shops.
 
Don't crochet? You can request a custom made pumpkin hat on my Etsy shop or by emailing me.
 
What's your favorite thing about Fall?


No comments