Getting ready for Fall - Bella's Slouch hat with flowers


I started out creating a crochet pattern for a hat for my little guy, Cade, but I got carried away (ie. it got too big real fast!) so I kept going and put Bella's name on it - and added a few flowers.
 

This hat uses a knit like half double crochet stitch - instructions in the pattern.
 

 
Best of all - the inside out version of the hat is super cool! A totally different texture pattern from the right side of the hat is created on the back side of the knit half double crochet stitch. Choose which side you like best - it's reversible!


Here's an up close look at the back of the hat showcasing the back side of the stitch - the "wrong" side. I'm thinking this stitch look is going to lead to a great hat pattern for my little guy in the near future.
 

 
A beautiful swirl pattern develops on the hat from the top down on the "right" side of the stitches. I love it's uniqueness!

 
Then I added some roses and leaves to dress the hat up.

 
 
I did my first photo tutorial  - a step by step photo tutorial of the crochet pattern for the roses and the leaves.

 
Bella is excited about her new hat! I'm sharing the crochet pattern for Bella's Slouch Hat with Flowers and Leaves on my Etsy, Craftsy, and Ravelry shops.
 
Supplies Needed:
Hook: G
Sport weight yarn
 
Don't crochet, but love this hat? Send me an email or visit my Etsy shop for a custom order.
 
Happy Crocheting!
Angela 

 

No comments