A Mother's Wrap - a gift to new mothers

 
 
Late summer I finished up a LONG crochet pattern I was working on - A Mother's Wrap or Shawl. It is super soft and light weight! I crocheted it with Appalachian Baby Design Organic Cotton Yarn - a sport weight yarn.
  
I created this pattern with the new mother in mind. This wrap is perfect for the new mother to wrap around her shoulders to keep the chill off when she is up in the middle of the night (or day!) nursing or rocking her baby.
 
 
This wrap is crocheted in a simple, heirloom or vintage style. It measures 68" X 17" so it took a while to create, but it was worth it! I did think to include in the pattern instructions on how to adjust the size. 
 
 
You could keep on repeating the pattern and make a beautiful blanket to wrap up in this winter. I've also used this wrap to cover up a sleeping child.
 

 
It's dressy enough to wear out for the evening as well, especially if crocheted using a fancier sport weight yarn.
 
 
I incorporated a new stitch I learned - the Trinity stitch - into the pattern. It's a fun stitch and really adds a creative texture to the wrap. I've included instructions for the stitch in the pattern.

 
The crochet pattern for A Mother's Wrap or Shawl can be found on my Craftsy, Ravelry, and Etsy shops.

News Flash! I have several crochet patterns currently being tested and will soon be released. Add yourself to my email follow up at the top right of this blog page. You won't want to miss what I have planned for this winter. Yes, I'm excited! Especially for the beautiful yarn support I'm receiving from Mountain Meadows Wool yarn.

7 comments

  1. LOVE this Wrap, but can't find it for purchase yet. Help, please? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna - links to the crochet pattern are on my Etsy, Ravelry, and Craftsy shops. Links are at the top of the blog and in the blog post. I don't have any finished wraps for sale.

      Delete
    2. OK...because the link at the bottom of this blog post doesn't take you to it. I'll try the top. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I still can't find this wrap in Ravelry. :( I've used Ravelry for 5 years and I'm a bit of a computer geek, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to the pattern on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/a-mothers-love-wrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this wrap. It is so gorgeous! :-) Could you teach me?! Because you're the best teacher I'm pretty sure!

    - Dori -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dori - If you stayed long enough, we could make one together! You might have to pack a suitcase! I know you could learn this stitch!

      Delete