Free Pattern Friday - Crochet Flowers from the Allicraft Blog


A friend of mine recently asked me to make some flower hair clips for her grand-daughter. I went straight to this No-Sew Rose pattern by blogger Alli at  Allicrafts.

 I've made this pattern probably a hundred times and love it. It works up quickly and is so versatile.

You can change the size of the flower by: changing the size of yarn or size of your hook.

In the picture above, the pink flower is made with crochet thread and a D hook.

The yellow flower is made with I Love Cotton yarn and a H hook.

The cream flower is made with Red Heart So Soft yarn and a J hook.

You can do so much with these flowers - add them to a hat, a scarf, a hair clip.

At my teenage son's request, I have made a few flower lapel pins with this flower pattern, changing it a bit so that it lays flat against the jacket's lapel.

I'd love to see the flowers you create. Please post pictures in the comments if you try this pattern. Make sure to include the type of yarn and hook size.

Happy Friday! Angela

No comments